View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
desypete

i agree acceptance is a key and i have been told many times in aa that i had it easy compared to others in aa who had a hard time trying to accept there an alcoholic and what the drink really did to them

i came into aa with nothing left and i would be surrouned by people who still had there wives, familys, jobs, money, cars, you name it they were millionares compared to me and they had the cheek to tell me i had it easy ; )

they were right by the way ; )

having worked with lots of new comers over the years i have come to see just how easy i really did have it when it comes to acceptance

one guy used to come in and out of aa like yoyo in fact many people were like that and everytime they went back out there again to drink then ended up a little bit worse off than the last time as they struggled with really believing and accepting just what the drink can do to them

in the back of there minds there was still the thoughts of maybe i could drink again and get away with it etc

when i come into aa i was beaten by the drink and by life, i had tried everything i could ever possibly do to control the drink in the end as a result i lost everything as i just wouldn't give in or be beaten

today 10 years on i still need to be reminded of where i have come from hence i do a lot of stuff around new comers as the old timers can not remind me of were i have come from but the new comers certainly do i only have to look into there blank eyes to see that i was once like that to or to see them shaking like a leaf etc

so for me it helps me always remember and accept what i am and more importantly what the idea of having just one drink could really lead me back to