Thread: Trying To Trust
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Originally Posted by lawinct View Post
Not your typical A who's passed out on the couch every afternoon, ignoring everything else. He says he didn't have his first drink until four or so in the afternoon, once all errands were done and he was getting dinner ready. He also did not drink until after he was done driving kids to their after school events (I did the pick up).
I want to point out that Alcoholism is progressive and he may just not be to the next stage yet and with his recent scare he may stop and never get there. You just really don't know and to be honest, neither does he.

Fear works on some forever and only for awhile for others.

I was like your husband for many years but as I continued to drink my disease continued to get worse. The once functioning alcoholic that I considered myself was barely functioning at my bottom.

As for trust, that takes time, lots of time. What I can suggest in the meantime is to try and live in the moment. If the morning is going good then soak up that good. Try not to worry about the afternoon or evening, just live in that morning until you are faced with the rest of the day. Many say one day at a time but sometimes we have to break it up more than that at the start.

I try to embrace the good times as much as I can and accept the bad times as much as I can. The bad does not erase the good but it can certainly feel that way at times.