Thread: Trying To Trust
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lawinct

Thanks to Catherine628, JustBreathe1980, CodeJob and LexiCat: I will definitely check that book out. As for Al-Anon, I am considering it, but also want to start on sites like this. I do think he really intends to never drink again, but I know the power alcohol can have, especially if there are underlying reasons it began in the first place that aren't addressed.

As for my husband, after reading many posts on this site, I am more hopeful. I work long hours and travel for work; he takes care of everything at home, from groceries, to cooking hot meals every night, vacuuming the dog hair daily, to shuttling kids around. also made sure homework was done, school notices signed, and kids were accounted for. Real Mr Mom stuff.

Not your typical A who's passed out on the couch every afternoon, ignoring everything else. He says he didn't have his first drink until four or so in the afternoon, once all errands were done and he was getting dinner ready. He also did not drink until after he was done driving kids to their after school events (I did the pick up). So he was somewhat in control? He is going to start looking for a job in January (was laid off unrelated to drinking about a year ago). He needs to get out of the house-that will be a huge help.

My oldest son told him that if he goes back to drinking, he is moving out. He isn't going to stick around and watch him kill himself slowly. He also knows that I am here to support him as long as he stays sober. I hope he doesn't put alcohol above all that he has to lose, but as you said LExiCat, time will tell...