View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
desypete

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
This incorrect statement pops up around here all the time, desy, it's not just you. 'No real alcoholic can do XYZ. If they can, it proves they aren't a real alcoholic to start with.' This makes it out that you define the words as you go along to suit your own ideas. That's not how it works. I can make a statement about what a 'real man' can achieve when he sets his mind to it, but that would be equally false and dismissive.

You might consider what you are saying to people who have survived worse hells than your own and prevailed. There are a few right here in this thread.
i dont think i have ever said people need to do xyz ?

the thread is about comparing recovery v aa so if people want to compare then lets compare

time and time again we have threads come up trying to point things out about aa and how they dont work but we never see the same sort of thing about other recovery methods and how they dont work for people it just seems to be aa that people want to try to show doesnt work ?

so if we are going to compare recovery then we have to compare all things about recovery including where we was at the start of the journey

i think it would paint its own picture without me needing to say more really