View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Well done, a week!! That's great Serenidad!

I had a lot if what you're describing for several months. Then that finally gave way to a bit more mental clarity while in came emotional turbulence like sadness and depression and anxiety. There was stress and fear and sexual issues. There were highs and lows and everything in between.

I used exercise, nutrition, supplements, changes in caffeine, I tried it all.

In the end I have found that I just need to ride it out; it's all temporary. I have mostly stopped 'trying to figure it out' and just accepted that recovery includes a LOT of weird changes in my body, mind and soul. I focus on the positives and the gratitude and the work I need to grow.

It's working. I don't have cravings, I feel healthy and stronger and better. Even on bad days, I see how much better life is than when I was drinking.

Hang in there and relax into it. Accept the fog as a sign you are healing. Accept the strange feelings and let them simply be. Don't resist, simply open yourself and ask 'whAt can I learn in this today? What is there to be grateful for'. Do the WORK of recovery and before you know it you'll be amazed by how far you've come.