View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
lifetplant

Hi folks. Yep I owe an explanation..........en route to UK frm Melb, I had what we thought was either an allergic reaction or less so an asthma attack........felt throat closing over. I've v little memory but had respiratory arrest and plane diverted to Perth (Oz). Stayed for 3 days, discharged and allowed to continue journey but with a 'suspicious' X-ray in my hand. GP back in Scotland referred me up to Glasgow for a biopsy which returned confirmation of a tumour under me tongue. I was in denial and started adopting it as my little 'bug'. I was given the choice of flying directly back to Oz or staying in Scotland to start treatment via NHS. Third choice was under negotiation of my Aunt which was start the process which she could oversee.........then if I was still stubborn and determined enough to return to Oz then so be it.........the negotiation cost a lot of money but that's what i've done.............I question whether it was the correct choice but after Mums sudden passing.......I can't do any more mollycoddling......I needed my own bed and space...........I also needed to get on the plane so i'd access to drink again!........I know I know, please don't ..........I know....i'm working on it. Anyway....there it is, sorry for dropping the bombshell.

Congrats Marcher and Ken. Congrats also Sass....4 months is fab, never made it to that point yet. Why you moving again Sass I must have missed that/!

Nice to c u V. I'm planning v reg AA meetings so perhaps our paths will cross in the neighbourhood.

Hi Dee..........there as always

Hi everyone. Hope life treating you well.

Welcome back Babs..........you can do this and you know it............we're the baby sober twins.