Old 12-08-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
myfreedom

Originally Posted by LittleBirds3 View Post
Are you already divorced? Is there any sort of custody agreement in place? I'm assuming this isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened. I am in a similar situation (my kids are very young), and I can tell you what I am doing: documenting every time he puts them is a dangerous situation (that way, if he ever pulls the "I'm not letting him see the kids" card, I can show why) and then, just not letting him see the kids w/o supervised visits (with the supervisor approved by me). I have basically had 2 toddlers and a 7-year old by myself for 1 year because of it, and I am tired, but it is better than putting the kids in an unsafe situation.

I think it also showed me what he would/wouldn't fight for. I told him no kids unless supervised, and he never even contacted me for supervised visits. So. I guess what I am saying is - do what you think you need to do to keep the kids safe. Because, chances are, his drinking and being mad at you will be more important than actually fighting you on it.
I do have a journal started, it goes back to 2009. We are not divorced and there is no custody agreement in place just a support order.