Old 12-04-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
mecanix
That bell or bike person

Hi Sunshine , Hi strategery ,
Welcome along .

Hi Ruby ,
Sometimes i feel it's swung here to frivolous but then i remind myself how SR used to make me grind my teeth with the stories of woe and how there wasn't a thread for tangental support , one where we can gather and sometimes not talk about the elephant in the room if we wanted and just post something , so as to be engaging with other recoveryists without having to necessarily talk about "issues" or "recovery" .

Since it started i've also noticed a drop in number of threads saying now that i'm sober what am i now going to do ??? i think the weekend thread acts as a catalyst where people can get ideas as to how some people spend their weekends , maybe even come here and get applauded for getting up and doing in their lives ..

Hints and tips is always a good idea for a thread in the newcomers area , Deekers 24 hour check in is worth a mention .

Why not try it out and see what happens ? people do get a bit confused if there are two weekend threads bouncing round in the area though … there were times when i was posting to two of them all weekend not wanting either person who'd started it to think i was ignoring their thread …

Off for my friday …

Take care y'all , m