Old 12-04-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Happy weekend, team!

Lots going on in bigsombrero's tiny universe. My ninety-nine year old grandmother was in the hospital this week. She's being released tomorrow, but it's a realistic reminder that the end is sadly nearing. A couple of good friends of mine (twin brothers) just lost their father yesterday, I'm so sad for them. Next, my 70 year old father just came down with shingles, he's seeing a doctor tomorrow and I talked to him at length tonight - he feels just fine, but it was hard to hear about his illness. Life is fragile, ain't it?

In other news, I've received a "promotion" at the old virtual office - well, at least a step up the ladder. I've begun working directly with our CEO on a new project and it appears to be long-term. I won't bore you with the details, but I'll say that I'm both excited and more than a bit nervous. A load of responsibility just got tossed my way, and I don't want to muck up.

S'pose the holidays can be stressful for everyone, even those of us who are "sitting on the sidelines". Anyway, my lady friend is driving up from la capital this weekend and we're going to enjoy the city. It will be nice to get some support, hugs, and be able to exchange some thoughts and conversation. Can't wait until this time tomorrow!

PS - when I spoke with my father tonight, I was telling him all about my most recent amazing travels through the islands and jungles, and he mentioned how proud he was to hear that everything was going so well. He said: "You have to admit, sobriety's working out for you". Could not agree more. Glad to be among the other folks on the sober journey this weekend!