View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Gargery

Originally Posted by Freepath View Post
I believe that people suffering from addiction can decide to build a different worldview. It’s a choice and a motivation that comes from within.
Thanks for your informative post. I have also come to believe we can (and do) choose to construct, or rehabilitate, our worldview. I like AA, and plan to continue going to several meetings a week, but I've nearly made the decision to stop working on the steps with my sponsor, who I like and admire. I'll sleep on it for another week or two, and in the meantime, keep working them.

December, being the twelfth month of the year, is a month where Step 12 is often the topic. The prospect of an entire month discussing spiritual awakenings and their necissity for recovery seems a bleak way to spend the holidays. I LIKE listening to people share at meetings and I benefit from hearing them sometimes, but this particular aspect of the program is not one I choose to emphasize in my interior considerations of my recovery.

Might as well order the book. I'm not exactly willing to incorporate it into my worldview, but I might read it while I drink coffee or smoke cigarettes.