View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Survived the trip--I just took it very easy, ordered room service (the hotel was "under renovation" and the lobby looked EXACTLY like the hospital after it was overrun by zombies in The Walking Dead--wires hanging down from ceiling, etc.).

I didn't feel like I was on top of my game in terms of the training, but it seemed to go well anyway, and having a colleague there to train with helped enormously.

Everything seems to be healing just fine, though I'm still being cautious with how I chew. I have a missing upper tooth on the other side (need to get an implant there), which makes it a little tricky to chew on the other side of my mouth.

Our travel-manager-type person is going to ask the client if they will pay for the $40 fare difference (which I wouldn't have asked for if it had been just a matter of plain old oversleeping), but it's debatable whether they will. Not that big a deal if I have to cover it, though.

The shuttle picked me up at 3:50 am this morning, though, so I'm getting to bed early tonight.