Old 12-04-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It totally sounds like he was making excuses and may want time alone with you Friday night without his friend along... Good for you for standing your ground. All you would have gotten Friday would have probably been the "I've changed." Promises to try but without any real plan. If you're planning on being on-site when he comes over, maybe Saturday would be a good day for one of your friends to come hang out and drink coffee with you while he gets his stuff? Just a bit of a buffer to give you a reason to not get drawn into any potential discussions of trying to make 'this' work.

Another great step is your realization that it's your fear of abandonment you're fighting with. You can't change how he's going to be. You can't control whether or not he contacts you with vows of love, or to try to flip it back onto you ("You said we couldn't work things out" and "This hurt me too.") What you do have control over is how you play the game (or don't). Just think, once his stuff is gone, you don't have to take his calls and can ignore his texts. In fact, I'm not sure there's a reason you need to pay any attention to his attempts to contact you now.

Deep breaths. You're going to be OK; you already are.