Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2005, 11:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
CodeMaster

I agree too, if you didnt notice, at first I blamed everything on the disease, on AA, on rehab. But when I really experienced it more and researched it deeply, I see more and more its the very individuals true self at its even worst post sobriety. The dry drunk article I shared from alcoholism.about.com talks about how they are not reborns after sobriety, they simply are still exactly who they used to be and often times worst because they suffer the dry drunk syndrome, just without the bottle.

But add to the equation, they functioned their best with the bottle, only because now their mind and body literally depend on it to function normally. Take this away, its like you took away their very souls. Their true self shows at this point, and apparently, due to the damages and their already poor self esteem, they will do actions without regards to consequences, leave entire families with kids, whatever. Most of them tend do go downwards even after sobriety, but I will say this, I said MOST, I do believe this judging by facts that if you read any research articles, this is what they imply, which means for majority of what people who research this professional have seen, will come to writing such articles. In my own experience, I see so much negativity with this disease and post sob.

It is only my opinion, I can quote plenty of research to back up my own conclusions, but I will say it is not AA, its not REHAB, its the very individuals choice to whatever poor morale and lack of heart they may choose to do. If you know of an individual that did not choose such negative routes, then I am very happy for you, and I know not everyone goes the same route. Their true self shows even more clearly post sobriety, and if your SO is acting really ****** up like shared in this post, it is a clear indication to you that maybe you need to stop hanging out with ****** up people and find a better world to hang out in.

Anyhow, just had coffee break, off to start my day.