View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sbforever

Unhappy

[I]I have been asked to write this story to raise awareness about a strange side effect of treatment and my efforts to get to the bottom of it.

Before my problems began I had been working as a health care assistant at my local hospital in Surrey for five years. I enjoyed my job. I had a stable life. I owned my own home and car.

Following the sudden and devastating death of my father I became anxious and over a period of a year developed a fear of choking which got worse to the point that I was avoiding food and losing weight. I realized I needed help.

I went to my GP and was prescribed paroxetine 20mg in liquid form because I couldn’t swallow the tablets. I had nausea, dizziness, felt spaced out and detached but was assured by my doctor that these symptoms would settle down.....

To begin with I was concerned about drinking alcohol on the medication. I checked the patient information leaflet which gave, what seemed to me, to be a mild warning that “although it is always advisable to avoid alcohol whilst taking medication there is no known interactions with Paroxetine and alcohol”. This reassured me that it was safe enough to have a few drinks with friends.

And I have a friend who if he doesn't take his Paxil he gets sick in less than 24 hours.

GlaxoSmithKline has proposed a class action lawsuit settlement to resolve allegations it falsely and deceptively advertised that its prescription antidepressant Paxil is non-addictive. If approved, the Paxil class action settlement will provide cash refunds to California residents who purchased Paxil between 1999 and 2003.

The Paxil settlement will resolve a class action lawsuit, Grair v. GlaxoSmithKline, alleging GlaxoSmithKline (“GSK”) falsely advertised and promoted Paxil as being non-habit forming or non-addictive, and that GSK’s advertisements and promotional materials failed to disclose the risk of symptoms users may experience if they stopped using Paxil.

Class Members of the Paxil class action settlement who can provide Proof of Purchase can receive a full refund of the out-of-pocket expenses they paid for Paxil during the Class Period, provided the total amount of claims does not exceed $8.5 million.

Class Members without Proof of Purchase can still file a claim to receive up to $80 of out-of-pocket expenses, provided the total amount of these claims does not exceed $500,000.

Just look it up I closed the tab with link. WIFI real slow

Did anyone tell you about these things ?

"Non addictive" ya, I believed that one too.

Last edited by Dee74; 12-04-2014 at 01:21 PM. Reason: no blog links, thanks. rule#1