View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
LBrain

okay, I have things to do, my breakfast is already digested while still sitting here..

A couple weeks ago I get a text message from verizon telling me I exceeded my data usage. I've been getting the warnings for days. I told my wife to turn off her phone and I just carried mine as I was meeting someone. When I got the exceeded you are now being charged $15 text I went nuts. After three attempts to finally speak to someone and being on HOLD for twenty minutes, I let out a tapestry of profanity that is still circling Blue Marsh Reservoir today. I was hitting walls and kicking things - I was.
Finally I hear this is **** how may I help you today. Well, I took a breath and in an even clear and low voice I said please listen to what I have to say before you speak again. I said this was third call, I was disconnected while on hold twice, one operator transferred me to a dial tone etc. I explained the situation with the data usage and that we took every precaution to not go over and that I did not expect to go over as I have not used the phone for almost 24 hours, just had it turned on blah-blah-blah. I said, I'm done speaking. She said, I'm sorry about that MrBrain, I'd be happy to refund any over charges and comp you for the month of extra data use. As she was speaking I was walking and lost the call. Two minutes later the phone rang and she was back on the line, apologized for the call interruption and told me she took care of everything while I was off the line. Thank You and have a nice day.
I get a call a minute later for a satisfaction survey for the rep - she got all 10's.

So even though I was pissed beyond belief, I held my cool when I spoke to the rep and I was very nice to her telling her I know it wasn't her fault etc...

I won by being a nice guy.