View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LovesBulldogs79

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Ann, for what it's worth? I think you showed considerable restraint. I thought the dent came from hitting his hard head! dear ...
Hi Lenina,
He's entering an out patient rehab program on Monday, but for some reason I don't have any hope in him using the program appropriately. Theyll be testing him 3xs a week. But Ive already gone thru couples counseling and Antabuse with him and the minute either "no one is looking" or any of life's troubles head his way, he buckles and uses. He hasn't even been very forthcoming w me abt the program. He promised me he'd sign up abt a month ago (I kicked him out after he was attempting to hide some binge drinking) and he didn't. It was only a few days ago when I lost it again (caught him abusing subs and ativan and, I found out today, alcohol) that he says he actually signed up. Even today he was trying to blame me for his drinking. That was a good one. You know, when he doesn't drink, abuse meds, etc. we don't have any arguments. Not one! He's the type of person whose personality changes 100% the minute he is not straight and sober. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and really wrestling with the fact that I can't count on this person and certainly would not/could not trust him with a newborn. I'm really devastated.
I appreciate your perspective.