View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LovesBulldogs79

He Ruined Thanksgiving. Not Surprised.

Where do you post if your BF has alcohol and substance abuse probs? Just take your pick?
Anyways, he was acting weird since this morning. Then as he got progressively worse, more "off", I caught him standing in the laundry room for a bit too long. When he left I went in there and dug thru the dirty clothes. Low and behold, there it was. The huge bottle of cheap vodka. My heart sank and I was enraged at the same time. Then I saw a coke can in the bathroom. Smelled it. It nearly burned my nose off. Nearly pure vodka.
He knew I knew and then became agitated when I left the room, trying not to engage. It didn't last long. I said horrible things. True and horrible. I feel like any love I had left for this person is slipping away. I look at his face and it's not he person I met. He is weak and soft these days. Every small stress is a reason to drink/ use/abuse meds. Girls like me don't stay with guys like this. I need to plan my out. It hurts so much but I don't think I have sympathy left for him. He seems to have none for me, certainly.
What a spectacularly awful Thxgiving. I'm glad I go back to work tomorrow so I don't have to be around him.