View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Hey there. Wow....your AV wants you to drink more....your disease is not done with you yet! It hasn't made you suffer enough! That's what I hear in your post.

A few things about ME:
1. I am an alcoholic
2. I have NEVER consumed alcohol in the morning
3. I don't consume alcohol before 4:30 p.m.
4. I never drink every day (or even every other day)
5. Sometimes I go to a bar and have 2 or 3 beers but sometimes I have enough to kill me! I never know what I will do before I start drinking because I am powerless after that first sip.
6. I hate myself when I drink. I get depressed, major anxiety, self-hatred and the list goes on and on and on.
7. I DO get cravings...but not every day. Non-alcoholics do NOT EVER get cravings. (And they don't hang out on SR asking about their drinking patterns etc)
8. I may not drink every day or all day but it's what happens WHEN I drink that has convinced me that I am an alcoholic. It never ends well.
9. As time goes on....the disease progresses (sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly) and all those "nevers" or "yets" will happen.
10. My good friend who drank like me 5 years ago is dead now. :-( Her disease progressed quickly...she was drinking all day every day at the end and now she is dead. Five years ago she only drank 1-2 times per week in the evenings...then it quickly progressed to 24/7 and now she's dead! :-(

Tell you AV to shut up! It's trying to trick you!

Hang in there! Your in my prayers! (Hug)