View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsSola

Back but still determined!

Hi y'all!

I was on here for a short time in the past. I have been sober for 9 months, 18 months, 6 months and most recently 2 months. This past weekend I started again but am determined to kick this habit. I was actually doing very well but I ran out of my medication (bipolar) while my dr. was out of town and I have been dealing with an inordinate about of family problems (my parents are a huge trigger for me). I actually went to counseling on Friday for fear of starting back up and somehow he asked me how I used to cope with family stress and my answer was drinking (fail).

But I'm back on my meds, as of Monday, and am super determined to quit again. I have worked too hard to get to where I am in my life, job, and relationship (SO has been through this entire crazy ride and loves me so much. He's the best!) and everything is so much better for me when I'm sober.. I just need better coping skills. I'm going to try and log in more frequently again!

I'm trying meditation now but does anyone have any tips for anyone like me? I'm in my late 20s and have been bing drinking on and off since 18. I seem to do well for long periods without cravings then once something happens I binge.