Thread: Detox
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Watson
Paused

I am on the same boat as you

Yey Iolo,

I drink about the same amount each night after work as you, and alone. I mix wine and beer. I go to work each day and never think about drinking until about an hour before I am off.

This is my 4th day sober and I am doing it cold turkey. I think if bud lite is your choice, you can do it too. Hard stuff is different. You need to ask help from God first. Maybe get baptized to start off. I do miss coming home from work and have a nice glass of wine, relax watch some tv, and surf the net. But when your liver starts to hurt and you get little red spots on your face, it's time to quit. You need a break. Even if you only make it a week, you saved your body a month.

The hardest part for me is when I sleep. Between 1:am and 6:am is very rough. Waking up every hour to wipe down the sweat and change into a new shirt. The nightmares of demons chasing and hurting me with electric jolts and my body twitching is no fun either. Last night was my third night sober and it was alot better. I just awoke about a half hour ago and I must addmit, my body and mind feel better than in a long time.

I try to eate better food to fill the void of the buzz, and it seems to help. Give it a try because I am new here, and have had no repies to a couple of my posts, and I sure could use a friend. We can help each other out. I sense their are some good people on this forum who can help us.

Best of luck, and for sure keep in touch!

Watson