Thread: What A Psycho
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stung

What A Psycho

So today I was on Twitter and I somehow randomly came across a tweet from some dude named Dale Partridge and his tweet on his latest blog post titled How Anxiety Almost Destroyed My Marriage. Sold. I clicked on that bad boy because I obviously need to learn about how my husband is almost destroying our marriage.

Anyway, it's no secret that my hubs has really bad anxiety so I started reading this post. First sentence of this blog post:
I found myself addicted to Ambien for sleep, carrying Ativan in my wallet in case of a panic attack, and wearing a holter monitor to examine the hundreds of skipped heart beats I was experiencing daily.
Oh. Snap. Dude isn't ONLY anxiety ridden. HE'S AN ADDICT! It's like I'm reading about what I hope is future hubs! A few more sentences down there is a video link that actually is what I'm really intending to share here. It's about what anxiety really is and what mental disorders really are. As a regular non-addict person over here I don't really know about mental illness. I had mild depression after I had both of my kids and even though I requested antidepressants from my doc I ultimately self treated with exercise and sunshine and it did the trick for me each time. Beyond that, I know basically nothing of anxiety. The video totally opened up my very naive eyes as to what anxiety is and what is it to obsess about things to your own demise. It really describes my husband to a T. Not that it changes anything, but it does help me to feel a little more compassion and understand more.

In short, I'm sharing because I found this to be very informative and when I find something good I like to share. Take what you like, leave the rest.

OCD & Anxiety Disorders: Crash Course Psychology #29 - YouTube