Old 11-20-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Jay92

Thanks again its nice to read the supporting messages. One thing i have to say is i truly dont think giving up drinking is an option for me at this point. A lot of you seem to sway in that direction and yes i understand where your coming from. You've been through it and you do no better. But i have to figure this thing out for myself and at this time i have no intention of quitting completely. I know that you all have my best intentions at heart and its clear when reading your comments its like your speaking to your younger selves. Trying to get me to wise up before its to late.

I am trying it my way first, to see if i can control it. To see if i can keep it to drinking socially or having 1 or 2 at the end of the work day. Many people i no can keep to this pattern and have no difficulty in doing so as far as i can see. I accept i have an addictive personally, but i have given up or controlled many of my addictions in the past. I quit smoking, i lost the extra weight and i curbed my gambling when i seen i was spending to much. Now i do all of these things in moderation. I should also mention, mother was a smoker, a fatty and gambler :P So i have to agree with the poster who said alot of my issues are genetic.

My dads also a diabetic which is another reason for me to cut down or quit. As i dont think those two things go together. Was tested when i was very young and my mum was told there was a strong chance i would develop it in my teens although i haven't been tested since.

As for how its going, so far i haven't had any withdrawal symptoms apart from maybe feeling a little more fidgety. Today is the day i usually go to the bingo and would always have a drink there. So decided not to go. Aside from bingo night i dont really have any other triggers apart from working with a particularly hateful person in work and i am unfortunately working with her on night-shift this weekend. Just me and her. I would usually come home and have a couple before bed after a nightshift as she has a way of getting me fuming.

May have to have a word with the boss and just say im making some changes in my life and could do without the negativity that seems to follow when i work with her. See how that goes.

Anyway thanks again for the kind words and i hope i dont come across as a know it all or full of myself but i really want to see how i handle it my way before resorting to complete sobriety.