Old 11-19-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hummingbird358

How do you stop the manipulation and enabling?

I have posted before. I have a 20yr. old son who is now doing a dual major in college and completing a 1 1/2 semesters ahead of his normal graduation date. He worked for my dad over the summer doing odd things because he could not seem to get a job. He was hired but failed the drug test so that was the end of that. Since then he has used up all of his earnings. Tried getting a job on campus but was told his financial aid was not great enough. He has put applications out but nothing. My son does weed. He was drinking excessively but has cut that back. Except for last week the only money he had was for a case of beer. He has been having a string of bad luck and has been suffering from anxiety and depression so that doesn't help. He does very well in college. He is also taking 4 classes over the 6 week college break over the holidays. When I mentioned some jobs I seen advertised last night, I got "well I am saving you 3 semesters of room and board for graduating early". I can't get a job with my class schedule.... I don't like that he does weed as much as he does. That is all he ever spends his money on. He buys his girlfriend nothing.