Old 11-19-2014, 01:33 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
ubntubnt

Lets see.....

- my best friend dying from a drink induced brain haemorrhage
- the collapse of my first marriage
- quitting a great job that I have worked hard at for 6 years to get it to where I wanted
- arrested for DUI
- not one single dry week in well over 10 years. At least one bender wary two weeks in the past year resulting in waking up in strange places with my wife not knowing where I am
- at least 90% of the times I drink resulting in blackouts in these recent months
- dizzy spells, anxiety and feelings of panic in these past two years

nope....none of that did it.

Despite all that I thought I could handle my drinking and keep it confined and keep my life on track. I know that is hard to believe but it is true.

What finally did it was last Sunday morning I stumbled upon an article online about how alcohol abuse causes mental health problems and....BAM.....I found myself reading all about myself. It suddenly fell into place. My alcohol abuse had been underpinning every ****** thing that has happened in my life in the past 20 years. Time to stop. I am NEVER going back.

Time to save my marriage, spend more time with my kids and fulfil my potential at work. I will then spend as much time as I can helping others to do the same. Thats the plan.