View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 04:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sdp

Foot in mouth disease- help needed

Maybe you all can help me out of a dilemna I made for myself.

I rent a house from my husband's sister. In the back, attached to a garage, is a little apartment. The previous tenant, a long time friend of my H's family, recently moved out. I don't know what SIL's plans are for it. However, I do know I want someone there that I know and trust. Not my decision tho.

Last night a work, a cowoker was looking pretty haggard. She is a nice girl, if a little flaky. She has a daughter with her boyfriend. She has also had a lot of problems with boyfriend- he recently took off on her , etc. They had to move out of their apartment a while back and are living with a friend of his and friend's mother.

Anyway, co worker says her boyfriend was yelling at her all night. being a real jerk, etc etc. She needs to get out of there, etc etc. So I open my big mouth and say the apartment behind us is empty. She starts crying, wants to move in etc. All I say is I have to call SIL to even see how much she wants for it.

I do like this girl, but she is very emotionally needy. On the one hand, if I could be sure it was just her and her daughter, it would be ok for her to live there, although she would probably drive me crazy. On the other, her boyfriend would probably weasel his way in with her.

I did not call SIL last night. What I was thinking of doing is this- calling SIL house today and leaving a message about this. Then telling co worker tonight that I have not talked to SIL(which would be TRUE) .. Then letting sIL decide what she wants to do. It is her house anyway.

Must be the codie in me- I want to be nice, but no good deed goes unpunished.

Sigh. Anyone have an idea how I can rectify things without hurting this poor girls feelings, and not pissing SIL,and my hub, off?