View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
herradura

Thanks for the replies. We don't argue because of her still drinking, she is not a problem drinker, that is my part of the relationship. It is just that everyday now something is a major deal, and we are not drama people. I love the woman, and will stick it out until I die, but we need some common ground and I will try to talk to her about setting some rules. Main problem is, you only need to tell me something once, and I get it, pretty good hearing and processing capabilities. For some reason she needs to say things 5 to 7 times to get it off her chest. I think in the past I had a beer in my hand and just worried about the next one, rather than listening to her 3-7th time complaining.

Life is really good right now, better than it has been for a long time, but we need to get on the same page. I think we will, I was just wondering if there was some advice. I appreciate the advice and experiences. I am willing to do whatever it takes to make ti work. I have found that leaving is not a good response. One thing positive, is when I leave and go to the ranch I no longer sit up there drinking beer. I actually do productive activities and read books. I just sent her to the ranch today so she can cool off and think about what is going on. I stay up there for three days if I can, I am sure she will be home tonight.

Thanks again!!