View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizzy1988

Need to stay strong

A few days ago I learned many secrets that my husband has been keeping from me. He left our home in shame saying he needed to talk but could only do it by letter because he did not have the heart to tell me to my face. My husband has been battling alcoholism/cocaine addiction for a few years now... And it has now progressed to crack cocaine. He has not returned to our home and he insists on staying away. Even though after everything he has done to me, I still desire him in my life, and I love him so much... Most people would think I'm crazy. I have been having a hard time accepting that he does not want to be here, or do the work to save himself, but I am thankful my husband has made the choice to leave, as he does not want this to affect me anymore. I worry for what is to come... When and if he tries to come back, and standing my ground. I have lost so much energy over this that the thought of being strong seems overwhelming. I need to let him go and stick to my bottom line that he cannot be in my life if he chooses not to get help. I have been seeking help through al-anon and a counsellor, and I'm very fortunate to have the support of my friends and family. I'm hoping someone who has been living with an addict partner can offer me some advice on how they stuck to their boundaries... I do not want to cave if he comes crawling back, but he is a master manipulator and I need all the help I can get.
Thank you!!