View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hope4Life
as a sober contributor

Congratulations on your 3 weeks sober DeanChev! It sounds like you have a lot to live sober for.

How long did you drink? From your post's, it sounds as though you have slipped before.... at least once. I have to say that, IMHO, 3 or 4 months of sobriety is NOT a long period of time. For me that is a mere second of my drinking time!

PLEASE consider your wife and child and put them 2nd and 3rd... RIGHT AFTER YOUR SOBRIETY!. They need a sober husband and dad.

Now here is the big question... you mention wanting to spend time with your buddies. Are they 'drinking buddies' or TRUE FRIENDS?

Would you give them the key's to your house if you needed to get out of town? If the answer is yes, great. If the answer is no, I would encourage you to put your sobriety first and spend your time with TRUE FRIENDS.

This was the most important change I made in my life to ensure that I stayed sober. When I walked away from my local pub, not 1 of those 'drinking buddies' called or came by to see how I was doing. We had been hanging out for over 10 years! REALITY!

3 weeks is a FANTASTIC start, so just keep stringing those days together and soon you will have a month, then a year and then 2... and so on.

Good Luck!