View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Christopher1

Originally Posted by Eauchiche View Post
My Alcoholic mate lives 2-1/2 hours away in my hometown. We have been separated 8 months. He has all of our animals.

I am contemplating transferring back there again, not to live with him, but to be closer to my animals, family, friends and church home. The recovery community there is also quite large, with at least one AlAnon meeting per day available.

So many of you post about trying to get away from your alky mates. I am just wondering what you all think about this possible plan. I clearly see now why it is recommended not to make any major changes (moves,etc.) for at least a year after we start recovery. I am feeling very lonely and stressed right now.

Many thanks!
Eauchiche,I've noticed when you post ,you often remind people to remember that there are more than two choices in a situation-good advice to those of us who think in extremes and I've found that helpfull. So I just wonder,is there any other way around this for you that wouldn't(potentially) put you in a difficult situation? 8 months isn't long to adjust to leaving a relationship and as you say,you have also left your support network which must make it harder for you-perhaps HE should move!