Thread: what to do.....
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
liv1ce

It seems that for any one to truly get out of the life the bottom you describe has to be reached.

I have been helped by someone reaching out to me but only because I was so desperate to find a way out. I couldn't do it myself and I couldn't seem to find a bottom deep enough.

When in the drug life I am a highly skilled manipulative lying SOB that can always keep his head above water. I got out of forced rehab several days early because I was so good at it. When I went back I didn't have money for it, had no connections or other druggies to turn to but I always had drugs - because I was good at it. When it came time to quit I had no clue because I was not good at that.

Eventually the bottom stared me right in the face but rather than leave me homeless and desperate she turned toward me rather than away - and saved my life.

I started this post with the first sentence and was going to follow with the statement that I would like to hear ONE story in which the addict responded to a helping hand but then as I started to write it I realized that I was that person - that story.

This may keep all the codies keepin on keepin on which isn't such a good thing. In general we are all so hopeless and have to find our way..