Thread: Slipped Again
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
aloneatlast

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry you had that experience, but I think it would be a real shame if you let one guy put you off AA or make you fall back into old ways.

I was always very affected by what people said to me too, but in time, I learned to trust my own judgement again

Not everyone you meant in recovery will be a saint. Stick with those people who have the qualities you aspire to

D
Dee74, for two weeks I had made a commitment to myself to stay sober and not drink again. Almost everyday I tried to post something positive to look back on and reflect upon to help myself and if possible others too.

I do not know anyone on this forum, but I can relate to little of everyone and I have drawn so much strength from SR, that I could have gone on sober indefinitely.

My family are supportive, my friends are understanding (true friends anyhow) and my sobriety was really helping me be better at work.

I went to AA, for extra support, not because I really needed to because I may drink again, but only to add a different perception on being sober. I found the message of some group members incompatible (shall we say), with where I found myself. I know people have said "Yet", but the disappointing thing for me was I feel I could of maintained my sobriety if I had not been in that situation.

I wont make that mistake again.