Thread: Slipped Again
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
newhope01

Originally Posted by aloneatlast View Post
I was angry by how he made me feel. I have problems and I am dealing with them in the best way I can, head on and sober. So when a person I don't know and doesn't know me, says I am going to fail, because I don't believe in God, I took exception to this.

I mean I don't believe in the tooth fairy either, does that mean I cannot get sober unless I change my beliefs and start believing in fictious authority figures ?

I was angry to be in his company, I look back over my life, both Sober and Drunk and I have always chosen the people whom I mix with. I could smell urine on some people and here them talking about getting wasted in the mornings and I thought, this isn't me.

I got angry not just at him, but the situation and of course proving I was "normal" had 2 drinks to prove I wasn't an alcoholic.

The fact is, I am not falling around drunk at all hours of the day, but I do have a drinking problem and I have chosen to refrain from drinking so that problem doesn't get worse.

Maybe I was trying to over compensate for support, instead of getting quality support I so desperately need.

Am I drinking now, I wont lie anymore, Yes, but I am not drunk.
I am sorry that this experience you had with this person made you got back on your resolve to not drink anymore.

However, I feel I do need to point out that I don't think its fair that you judged some of the other AA members present at that meeting.

We are all lucky not to be at that point where we are drinking in the morning and don't bother to take care of ourselves.

Careful, not trying to come off as rude but if you keep drinking you may find yourself in similar predicament.