View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

I think I have the same mixed feelings we all do--on the one hand, it's really NICE to have a nice, normal date or two. On the other, well, it's really easy to get carried away sooner than you intended to.

I didn't read your post as projecting into procreative territory, but rather a sense that your whole life is sorta FRAGILE right now. And it is. It won't be forever, but right now you are still a little raw.

You are NOT "damaged goods," but I know that way back when I was newly single most recently, I did feel that until I sorted myself out a bit more I could be bringing more baggage with me than was really fair for someone else to deal with, ya know? Only you can answer the question whether that might be true for you.

I also know there can be a sense that someone is being PUT into your path, and that maybe you are messing with the universe to ignore it. It's also possible, though, that this person is only intended to have a part in waking you up to the fact that you are still good company, still attractive to guys. But maybe nothing more than that.

So I'd say take it REALLY slow, if you are determined to see where this leads.