View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

"You must chill"

Sobriety means taking myself by the lapels and being my own Keymaster Lloyd.

The past few days I have said "no" and defined new boundaries where few existed before. This has allowed my brain to stop bouncing around like the Yoda character in Angry Birds Star Wars. My emotional well being is up to me to protect right now at 7 months-ish sober so I can be the calm and kind person I am capable of being instead of the raving loony I am equally capable of being. Everyone benefits! Win-Win. I'm learning and it can be a painstaking process for everyone around me.

Thanks again for the support and hugs during my moment of being "a woman on the brink." This is definitely the hard part of sobriety for me. First recognizing and then cleaning up the mess I left behind before I started halting the growing up process with alcohol.

Haennie, your words about guilt and dissonance resonate heavily with me and have been instrumental in taking steps the past few days. I do not operate in a vacuum and my behavior and responses in life affect not only me, but the people I love around me. Growth happens with the people in my life and not in spite of them.

We are all learning, hey? This is great journey. Thanks.