Old 11-06-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Mrrryah1

Day Four Check-In.

Grrrrrrrrrr - I wrote this whole post and then my connection got lost, and I lost it!!

There must be a reason that I need to go through it again, lol.

1) I am grateful for:

This lady Lorraine that I met in the program. She opened her home to me last night & invited me over to meet some strong, sober women. I stayed for 3 hours and chatted with them all. Cool stuff!!

The awesome, restful sleeps I've been having this last couple days. God knows that isn't normal for me in early sobriety :|

I woke up without a hangover, and complete memory of the last couple days events!

The coffee shop by my house. They remember my order every morning before I even get there, and always make my coffee perfectly!

The program of AA, and the fact that the door always opens, no matter how many times we slip....

2) God, HP, whatever is up there!! Please help me to stay sober today. Help me to find the motivation and desperation needed to fully dedicate myself to my recovery today. Please remove the obsession to drink and direct my attention to where you would have it be. I need your help, can't do it alone, we both know this....

3) Posting on SR.... talked to my sponsor this morning.... no meeting tonight for me, I've got groceries and laundry to get caught up on. Will make up for it by a double meeting on Saturday.