Notices

Mrrryah's daily check in. 3 things/questions.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Mrrryah's daily check in. 3 things/questions.

I hope you guys don't mind if I'm just posting in my own thread daily on here. I feel like it will hold me accountable. Sometimes writing stuff down and sharing it, even if nobody ever reads it, helps alot.

FEEL FREE TO JOIN ME THOUGH AND WRITE YOUR "3 THINGS" for the day

1) 5 things you are seriously and genuinely grateful for in your life today.

2) A prayer - to whatever is out there - or whatever you believe in.

3) What are you going to do for your recovery this day - this next 24 hours.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

DAY TWO CHECK IN:
1) I am seriously grateful for my health, which I have somehow managed to maintain despite all of the damaging things I've been doing to my body for so long. I have zero health problems that I am aware of. I'm grateful.

I am grateful that I have a good, stable job that provides a good income for me. How have I managed to not lose it, despite everything??? I'm so blessed.

I'm grateful that I have a loving family that would go to the end of the world and back for me. Despite the fact that I've treated them like garbage and done nothing but lie to them and hurt them for so many years. They won't give up on me. I am so grateful.

I'm grateful that I am sober today. 'nuff said.

I am grateful for SR and that I have a place to come and be honest with likeminded people who are struggling with the same issues as me.

2) Higher power...... god, buddha, creator, spirit of the universe.... whatever is out there. Please help me to stay sober today and to find my way back to the path that you have intended for me. The one which allows me to use the gifts you have given me to their fullest extent, allows me to be a good, loving person, and help others. Whatever it takes, thy will, not mine.

3) Today for my recovery, I am posting a new daily thread on SR and I am "coming back" to my homegroup tonight and attending the meeting, even though I really don't want to, and I'm embarrased.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeping my head up!

congrats, trying to stay positive and focus on the great things we have in our lives at this stage I believe is a great thing to do...what has always lead me back to drinking after prolonged periods of total abstinence was focusing on the negative events and "feeding that wolf" as someone much wiser than myself has said. I'm choosing to feed my positive wolf and only concern myself with today.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Mrrryah1 View Post

1) Grateful for my health, my wife's health, her love, my dogs, my job.

2) Oh God: Give me the strength to live another day; let me not turn coward before its difficulties, or prove recreant to its duties;

3) Doing it right now!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Air water earth family gf

2.footprints prayer (il also pray for you mrrryah)

3.Put dinner on (minted lamb and homemade roasted chips with half corn on cobs
Old 11-04-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

1.) I am grateful for my family who I can call.
2.) Even though I don't like my job, I am grateful to have a job where I can pay my rent.
3.) I am grateful for the nice weather today.
*Bonus - I am grateful to be sober today.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

1. I'm grateful for my three girls (my wife and two daughters) and all the love they give me! Okay and for my dog, who we rescued two years ago and cost me a mint to get better, who eats the garbage, gets me up real early only on Saturdays, but who is really lovable and I am grateful for all the blessings in my life.
2. Dear God, please keep us all under your protective wing and guard us from any harm, mental, physical, emotional and spiritual and bring me and my loved ones home safely tonight!
3. And for my recovery today, I'm doing it now
Myyyrah1, I haven't seen you check in today, hope all is going good! You inspired me with your post at about day 45 when you brought your friend to an AA meeting, thanks.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope you guys don't mind if I'm just posting in my own thread daily on here. I feel like it will hold me accountable. Sometimes writing stuff down and sharing it, even if nobody ever reads it, helps alot.

My car which is in good running condition, my health which sometimes I don't mind as well as I should, my precious kitty, affordable housing, and being employed.

As an atheist this is difficult for me, but I do believe in the attitude that we have not only greatly influences are own daily lives but those who we encounter. So, my challenge to myself and everyone else out there is to make it a point to be extra kind to those who cross your path today. You may find that the responses you receive will improve your day and overall mood.

This may sound bad as it is not working toward balance, but I plan on working all day, then hitting the gym, then immediately falling asleep tonight. What I should do, is hit an al-anon meeting but I am not sure this will happen. I could always go to an AA meeting although I am almost postive I won't.. Lazy am I.

Love your daily check-in's and glad to see you are doing better.

Last edited by newhope01; 11-05-2014 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Wonky html
Old 11-05-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

3) Today for my recovery, I am posting a new daily thread on SR and I am "coming back" to my homegroup tonight and attending the meeting, even though I really don't want to, and I'm embarrased.

Way to push yourself out of your comfort zone. I am going to use your example of bravery to push myself out of mine too and go to a meeting whether its al-anon or AA.

If you can do it, so can I.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day three check-in!

1) I am grateful for my adorable puppy dog who I love so so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have an amazing support network of AA sober, healthy individuals
I have a roof over my head every night and a comfortable bed to sleep in. Grateful.
I live in a City (& Country) full of opportunities and benefits.
My sponsor never turns me away, even after I slip. She doesn't give up on me. Grateful.

2) God/HP/Whatever is out there........ please help me to find the determination and motivation to continue on this path of sobriety..... it's definitely lacking right now and I want it back........ Please remove the obsession to drink, and turn my attention to where you would have it be. Please help me to to want sobriety again. (Why am I not wanting it right now?? I'm hanging on for dear life but something is missing.... there is no feeling of desperation or willingness....)

3) I'm going to a meeting tonight, and posting on SR right now
Old 11-05-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
Way to push yourself out of your comfort zone. I am going to use your example of bravery to push myself out of mine too and go to a meeting whether its al-anon or AA.

If you can do it, so can I.
Amazing new hope!!!! Your post totally made my day! 100%

It's so wierd.

I posted my Day 3 check in before I read your message.

And when I read your message, my motivation came back.

Which is exactly what I was asking for in my prayer.

Jeesh. Whatever is up there works fast :|
Old 11-05-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Talking

Amazing new hope!!!! Your post totally made my day! 100%

It's so wierd.

I posted my Day 3 check in before I read your message.

And when I read your message, my motivation came back.

Which is exactly what I was asking for in my prayer.

Jeesh. Whatever is up there works fast :|
Rock on sister. We can get through this, one day at a time.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

1. Things I am grateful for:
  • My house: I almost lost my house with mine & my husband's drinking.
  • My daughter: That little girl is the only thing that kep me going when I felt like giving up.
  • My job: I am grateful I have a respectable job that pays well.
  • My dogs: They help me see the positive in the small things in life.
  • My will to quit: I am grateful that I woke up out of this fog I was in & realized changes needed to be made.

2. I don't pray since I am an atheist but I would like to make a promise to my 3 year old daughter:
Dear Giselle, for the past 2.5 years mommy has been hurting herself with alcohol. I want you to know that I no longer drink alcohol because not only does it hurt me but eventually it will end up hurting you too. I don't ever want to hurt you in life. I love you, you are my light

3. In the next 24 hours, I will make a plan on how I am going to take my life back not just emotionally & physically but in my home too. I have neglected my home & not cleaning up the way I should. So I will start being more productive in my house.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Awesome thread Mrrryah1

Gratitude list for today.

Thanks to my creator, I in thee and thee in me.

Family, friends and community.

Music.

"together we stand"
Old 11-05-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Gratitude -
Today I am grateful for my loving partner, my satisfying job, food to cook and eat, good books, and warm sweaters.

Prayer -
I believe in inherent human goodness (of the Shambhala tradition). I pray that my faith in and compassion towards all humans, including myself, deepens and grows each day.

Staying sober -
Posting this right now! and looking up AA meetings in my area. Still haven't made it to one of those...

Amazing thread, Mrrryah! This is an awesome service to yourself, and to the rest of us too! Proud of you.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Lovely idea, Mrrryah. It's good to be grateful.

I'm grateful for:

My house, my kids. my grandkids, peace and quiet where I live

Great Spirit, guide my words, actions and thoughts today so that I can be of better service to humanity.

Tonight I'm keeping sober by painting my hall ceiling-oh, and a hot chocolate later
Old 11-05-2014, 10:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Myrrah!

Just wanted to check in and say that I actually did make it to a meeting tonight afterall and am totally glad that I did. It was unlike any other meeting I have ever been too before.

Thanks for giving me the inspiration.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
~sb

The Gratitude List - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 11-06-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day Four Check-In.

Grrrrrrrrrr - I wrote this whole post and then my connection got lost, and I lost it!!

There must be a reason that I need to go through it again, lol.

1) I am grateful for:

This lady Lorraine that I met in the program. She opened her home to me last night & invited me over to meet some strong, sober women. I stayed for 3 hours and chatted with them all. Cool stuff!!

The awesome, restful sleeps I've been having this last couple days. God knows that isn't normal for me in early sobriety :|

I woke up without a hangover, and complete memory of the last couple days events!

The coffee shop by my house. They remember my order every morning before I even get there, and always make my coffee perfectly!

The program of AA, and the fact that the door always opens, no matter how many times we slip....

2) God, HP, whatever is up there!! Please help me to stay sober today. Help me to find the motivation and desperation needed to fully dedicate myself to my recovery today. Please remove the obsession to drink and direct my attention to where you would have it be. I need your help, can't do it alone, we both know this....

3) Posting on SR.... talked to my sponsor this morning.... no meeting tonight for me, I've got groceries and laundry to get caught up on. Will make up for it by a double meeting on Saturday.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
Hey Myrrah!

Just wanted to check in and say that I actually did make it to a meeting tonight afterall and am totally glad that I did. It was unlike any other meeting I have ever been too before.

Thanks for giving me the inspiration.
That's awesome newhope!! Did you meet some new people? Get some phone numbers?? I'd love to hear about your experience!