View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Jo, one thing I have it lots of peace and quiet, usually. We are a quiet bunch, and we all need to recharge if we go out, or travel. I am grateful for that, and very aware of how fortunate I am that we are all well matched in that regard.

Though, actually, my daily drinking escalated when my 10yo son was a baby/toddler. he could get very loud and squawky, and together, the kids could get into fights, loud, etc... I was alone a lot too, with my husband travelling. Wine smoothed the rough edges. To bring that full circle to this discussion, loneliness was a big part of that time as well.

i wish I could give you my quiet home for a day or a week! I get very stressed out with loud noise, loud people. I think it is sensory issues. Hated it even as a child, like a bday party at a McDonalds. Ugh. Nails on a chalkboard for me.

In the past here, in another group, we talked a fair amount about how many of us(alcoholics) are introverts. The alcohol(or drugs) dull our senses and make life more bearable. Until it doesn't of course.