Old 11-05-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
jarp

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
Nice phrase in this article. 'chronic malcontent.'
I thought I had coined this phrase!!!!! I used to say it about AH...I even used to say he would take out his Box of Malcontent, and mentally rummage around in it....would babble on about all the causes of his malcontent (never anything he was reponsible for), spending a moment examining each Item and discarding it until he 'latched' on to that which i would coin Grande Pooh Bah of All Malcontents for That Evening and then he'd be off...ranting and raving about that one thing....like a bulldog with a bone...gnawing, thrashing, shaking it, licking it until its Meat had been Consummed...(or the bottle) at which point he'd go to bed...satisfied with his evenings work.

Thanks for the article... Interesting even if it was written to sell liver supplements!!!

I thought all my AH traits were caused by alcohol. I now know that's not true, in fact his BPD became more pronounced the more he drank. Partly because his cognitive functioning was deteriorating which meant he couldn't as easily 'mask' those traits, and partly bc his inhibitions were lowered so he didn't care enough to try to mask. But it's all there!!! Alcohols or no alcohols!!!

I was interested in the stats he quotes....I've often thought behaviour described here was more BPD than 'just' alcohol....