Thread: The proposal
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lizatola

Thanks, everyone, and yes it was hard not to laugh. He has a friend who just finished a nasty divorce and is now unable to pay his rent because his ex gets so much from him. He can't afford to put his kids in private school, etc so AH told me, again, that the tennis for our son would end.

He kept trying to tell me that I wouldn't find an insurance plan for myself for under $1000 a month and how much it was going to cost HIM! Wait....why would it cost HIM? It would cost ME....ARRGGHHH. My personal trainer just got through an amicable divorce and she found a great healthcare plan for herself for $215 a month so I'm going to look into what she has, but AH comes up with so much drama and destruction.

He also seems to always leave out the fact that he's due about $300k from his parent's estate. I have no claim to that money but it does put him in a better financial position than me and he should be able to pay for the TENNIS and the expensive math tutoring that our son gets right now. UGH....I honestly almost blurted out, "Cry me a river...." but I didn't, LOL.

I would love to believe that he could be amicable. I just don't trust him and he even made note of that in our talk and told me that the ball is in my court and that I am welcome to just go ahead and file but he wanted me to hear his 'plan'. And, so I did just that: I listened and I tried very hard to be respectful and courteous and even somewhat contribute if I felt I needed to speak. Honestly, he spoke probably 1000 words to my every 100, though. I have found that talking to him means I do a lot more listening these days!