View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
mirage

Great stuff, frances..thanks for sharing that. Mindfulness is so key to everything, isn't it? Not just feeling the feelings, but being mindful of them. I have found I do this a lot now...sometimes I'll be feeling crabby or unsettled or angry or sad and I'll just be sort of ignoring it, not even thinking about WHY. Then I stop and say, out loud even sometimes, "Ok, what's the matter? You're not in a good mood, why not?" And I remember what triggered the mood and I try to work through it real quick. It's like an 'oh yeah. Work called and asked if you could sub and you said no and that stressed you out a bit. It's ok, you don't have to feel bad, they'll find someone. It's not your job anymore.' And then I can let it go a little bit more and it's not in the back of my brain affecting my mood. Just taking the time to work through each feeling, accepting it, identifying it...it helps me get through it.

I don't think this is what you were saying frances, but it reminded me of what I do more now. This might not help you, aussie, with the storms, cuz I'm pretty sure you know what is bothering you! lol Anyway..it just helps me with getting through bad feelings.