Old 11-04-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mrrryah1

DAY TWO CHECK IN:
1) I am seriously grateful for my health, which I have somehow managed to maintain despite all of the damaging things I've been doing to my body for so long. I have zero health problems that I am aware of. I'm grateful.

I am grateful that I have a good, stable job that provides a good income for me. How have I managed to not lose it, despite everything??? I'm so blessed.

I'm grateful that I have a loving family that would go to the end of the world and back for me. Despite the fact that I've treated them like garbage and done nothing but lie to them and hurt them for so many years. They won't give up on me. I am so grateful.

I'm grateful that I am sober today. 'nuff said.

I am grateful for SR and that I have a place to come and be honest with likeminded people who are struggling with the same issues as me.

2) Higher power...... god, buddha, creator, spirit of the universe.... whatever is out there. Please help me to stay sober today and to find my way back to the path that you have intended for me. The one which allows me to use the gifts you have given me to their fullest extent, allows me to be a good, loving person, and help others. Whatever it takes, thy will, not mine.

3) Today for my recovery, I am posting a new daily thread on SR and I am "coming back" to my homegroup tonight and attending the meeting, even though I really don't want to, and I'm embarrased.