Old 11-03-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ardy

Ok you need some solid thoughts and plans
1. go with him to the Doctor if he is going to live with you you need to know now real heath what to look for and how to deal with it...
2. POA if his health is so bad and he has income and property.. he needs a will now and a Living will... and you need access to his life changes and information with Doctor and Hospital..
3. and Huge Ground Rules of your House Bathroom and Children...
and trash that he will leave laying around.. if he is dying there are problems with fluids from his system and the children in your home as they are so little..
4. Lay down the Law Your House Your Rules and No If At's or Butt's

sorry all... have done to much in my life to care for to many.. and with my Hubby and his family Its my House My money that cares for him and me and my Laws ... had a bit of a turn out on Sat night with a friend of his niece Dummy said he knew who to buy Pot from I went thro the Roof.. and Ed's Mom and Dad stood the ground with me for once. CAZZ

If you want to help your Brother you have to be the Ruling Female Adult.. will not be easy ... but Stand Tall Hold the High Ground and Be very very Firm in Voicing the RULES for the rest of his life.. love ardy...and a ton of Prayers....

Originally Posted by Cazza1982 View Post
Thank you for the replies. What he's saying is that he needs a safe house for a couple of days to break the cycle before making further plans. He said if he can stop he will buy himself sometime and could have heart surgery which will buy him a few more years. The problem is he lies with such ease that you never know what the truth is. He did say that he wants to give recovery one more chance and then if it doesn't work he will 'cash in his chips', meaning he'll just let the addiction take him or commit suicide possibly.

I'd love to help him but have done this 3 or 4 times before when he's needed to escape but we didn't have children then. My oldest brother hates him, my dad is currently living abroad and has his own problems (but is so far in denial it's rediculous) and he and my mum have fallen out terribly over money and she's currently taking him to court!! I so desperately want him to seek professional help and have told him so in a non judgemental way, but he's gone quiet now. Ive had my fair share of conflicts with him in the past and have had to disengage at times.

This forum is amazing! Thank you for the quick replies xx