Old 11-03-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
KariSue

Originally Posted by Cazza1982 View Post
Oh Tina that's so sad about your nephew.. How old is he? My brother was always a total partyhead as a young man but at the time, being three years younger, and a bit of a party goer myself I thought he was really cool. The addiction is just awful and he is a total conman, commiting fraud and going through huge sums of money.

Djlook.. Where did your brother go to from yours? Unfortunately my dad is also asking to come and stay again, as he said he needs to rent somewhere and then bring his wife over so she can work. I just can't do it again, it's only two weeks since he stayed last time on his way out of the country (after falling out with his family for freeloading off his brother for 1.5 years). I feel like they all flock to us! I would love to help my brother and have suggested that I accompany him to the support services in this area. No response. Oh hang on he has just text me and said he will meet us to discuss it once the kids are in bed.. Does this sound ok? I feel sick about the whole thing. Maybe I should arrange to meet him somewhere I don't know.

Zoso you are right, my family are my prioryi and this whole dysfunctional system is affecting me, making me a snappy parent at times. I don't want to be like this and I don't want my children to be affected by my brother and dad, it's just awful.

Txhelp I have no idea where the lies stop and truth begins anymore. My mum has seen a letter that says his heart tests are clear but he's saying its hanging on by a thread. But he's skinny and gaunt and just looks horrendous xxx
Is it possible to call his bluff? Have him make a doctor's appointment and you accompany him. As far as I know, the doctor would need his permission to give you his prognosis but his permission shouldn't be a problem if he is telling the truth. If it isn't the truth, he will make some excuse not to go to the appointment or not to give permission. Then, you'd have your answer. He'd be lying about his condition. I would absolutely have to know, from the doctor's mouth, face to face, if he is lying about dying.

If he is dying, discuss hospice with the doctor or options.

So sorry you are going through this.

Hugs, Kari