View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
alaek

Originally Posted by noey82 View Post
your post could have been written by me. i am trying the sober life and it's going really well. i am 31 and the blackouts and party nights continued with less frequency over the years. i wonder if i am an alcoholic, too or just more of a situational problem/binge drinker. i don't get blackout drunk with certain people and situations - when i am around partiers, it's likely to happen. when i am with a more chill crowd - i will usually control myself fine. ive decided to try sober life for a year, i am almost 4 months in. i don't get cravings but sometimes, mostly when i am around people drinking, i do want to be able to drink, too but i am fine with having booze in the house and not touching it. not sure if this helps you but know that there's lots of people out here with the same feelings and situations as you! good luck!
Yeah, that sounds exactly like me. Except I just partied and blacked out more and more, when I got older and as time simply went on. It didn't occur less frequently... Well, i'm 50-something days sober now, it's been okay at times, hard as hell some other times... Still trying to figure this all out... But it seems like we are kind of the same situation, so if you want to message me, please do (: