Old 11-02-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
desypete

is that your first detox ? or have you been before ?

many people i know have repeated that sort of process time and time again, as they battle to accept life without booze
its easy to give up when bad things happen but how long does it last ? i would always give up drink when i was in trouble but the problem i had was given enough time the fear and the pain from the trouble would deminish in my mind
the idea maybe if i drank weaker booze it wouldnt get me drunk fast like last time would come in
i didnt realize all i would do is just drink more of the weak booze till i end up as drunk as i would if i had drank strong stuff

its a cunning illness to me and how it tricks our minds the pain we cause to love ones soon is forgotten about with a bit of time until of course we try the drink again and end up with the same results

for me i except i am an alcoholic as its the only name around for it that makes any sense to me
i can not drink alcohol like normal people can it has nothing to do with my child hood or how fast or slow i drink its to do with me and how my mind and body are
there is something missing in me that normal drinkers have that i dont have

just like someone who is alergic to nuts or dairy products they have to go through live not having them and they live good lives
i dont feel robbed either or cheated as thats the way it is
i am lucky i only have a drink problem as it could be a 1000 times worse, i could be disabled, not have limbs, or have a hideous disfigurement, i could have terminal cancer with no hope of a cure

so for me i am quite lucky i only have this problem in life and its is a problem that can be treated if we want it