Old 11-02-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
djlook

Hello, CAZZA1982

While reading your post the first thought that came to my mind was the awful predictaments our addicted loved ones put us in. My son was 2 years old when my addicted brother came to stay with me and my husband. A big-time drug dealer came to the house to collect some money from my brother, which he didn't have. They both put us in danger. It was as if he robbed us of our innocence.

I know what it was like having my brother there with one child. I couldn't have nor would I do it with three little children. The children deserve to feel safe in their own home.

My brother was also physically ill at that time. He was so needy that he was worse than my child. He didn't stay long, probably a few weeks, but it was a constant strain in the house with my mother calling me to see how my brother was, my dad and sister calling to see how he was. It was also costly. My every waking moment was devoted to his care. I can't even begin to tell you how emotionally draining it was.

Cynical One offered a wise suggestion, if he indeed has only a few weeks to live, hospice is comprised of nothing but highly trained skilled professionals. I know I wouldn't be qualified to handle such complicated medical issues. My brother-in-law had hospice and I was so impressed with the way they handled him, literally took over for my sister.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.