Old 11-02-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cazza1982

Thank you for the replies. What he's saying is that he needs a safe house for a couple of days to break the cycle before making further plans. He said if he can stop he will buy himself sometime and could have heart surgery which will buy him a few more years. The problem is he lies with such ease that you never know what the truth is. He did say that he wants to give recovery one more chance and then if it doesn't work he will 'cash in his chips', meaning he'll just let the addiction take him or commit suicide possibly.

I'd love to help him but have done this 3 or 4 times before when he's needed to escape but we didn't have children then. My oldest brother hates him, my dad is currently living abroad and has his own problems (but is so far in denial it's rediculous) and he and my mum have fallen out terribly over money and she's currently taking him to court!! I so desperately want him to seek professional help and have told him so in a non judgemental way, but he's gone quiet now. Ive had my fair share of conflicts with him in the past and have had to disengage at times.

This forum is amazing! Thank you for the quick replies xx