Old 11-02-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
commander

Difference Between Alcoholic and Dependance

Firstly I have drank for 4 weeks today.

The reason for this was after a particular heavy session of spirits I attempted suicide and was admitted to a secure mental unit. I have been out for 2 weeks now and I am back working, exercising and generally recovering.

I have had the occasional moment of weakness where I felt like drinking but these have passed as quickly as they have come.

I have tried to note the things that I did with alocohol and came up with the following.

1. I was drinking spirits (high alcohol content to get drunk quickly at least 4 times a week)
2. I was hiding these bottles in the house (empty usually after I had drank them)
3. I was pretending I hadnt drunk when quite obviously I had...
4. I would drink heavily in social situations, usually drinking a half bottle of spirits BEFORE I went out to social events
5. I would try and drink alocohol the morning after a heavy nite as I didnt want to be sober
6. I would drink secretly around my children (this i regret badly)

This has been going on for a few years till i have decided enough which was after this event.

My detox was awful, couldnt sleep for days in the hospital, shaking hands, sweating constantly, heart palputations, depression and anxiety...

I am a recovering alcoholic.. I havent been able to admit it yet?

What you think?