Old 11-01-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
Liza maybe the best strategy for this meeting would be to say nothing no matter what he says. Take some notes, and responses like "let me think about it" work well. I'd just try my best not to engage with him and not to get reeled into an argument. If he asks what you want "not sure thinking about it" may work.
LOL, I responded with that to one of the recent emails he sent and his response back was, "Not sure there's much to think about here, Liz." He has a response for EVERYTHING! So, I guess that means I'm not allowed to take time to THINK about much of anything. Drives me up a tree!

Those will still be my go to answers as will, "That's an interesting proposition. Let me take some notes down and I'll get back to you." I'm definitely not going to be doing much talking.

As an aside: last night I texted my neighbor, I used to go to Bible study at their home, and had left a packet of document copies with them a year ago (just for my safe keeping). She had them in her safe. Well, her text to me yesterday was, "Oh, S and I are getting a divorce. Should be final in a few days. I'm moving out tomorrow! I have your packet so you can come get it today or tomorrow."

Wow! I was blown away. I knew they had had problems in the past but I had just seen her a few months ago and she didn't say a thing about this. So, I'm now headed over there to help her move and to pick up my docs. I swore I would have been done by now in my own marriage. I feel like I should have reached out more to her but our schedules just never seemed to work together and we rarely ran into each other in the neighborhood.