Thread: Grammar issues
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Thumper

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
- I do not know why I put "so" in my last post. I think proofreading is also a lost art.

I was a communications major. I've done proofreading professionally, too.

I think I don't really care that much on forums - sad, because it will outlast me.

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post

My true confession....I consider an adult eating with their mouth open to be a turn off...

dandylion

I would also add that good language skills are to enable us to communicate our thoughts and feelings as well as we can...not to be used as a yardstick with which to judge other people. Their language skills are within THEIR hoola hoop. Our own are within OUR hoola hoop.

I'm just sayin'.
Ya! I grimace when people breath through their mouth. That is really shallow of me. I'm always mentally kicking myself for being that way - people need to breath after all!

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
It bothers me sometimes, especially when I hear people using the wrong/made up words. (pacific instead of specific, etc.) But I don't think it's my job to police the world for stuff like this, surely we ALL do little things wrong in areas of our lives, it's just a matter of what/where? I'm not perfect (I'm the Queen of Run-On Sentences ) & I try really hard not to judge others for stuff like this, not knowing their personal history.

Here's a great example - one of my besties is a KDG teacher.
What a *gift* your friend is to so many, despite crappy grammar! The world needs more of her for sure!

My son says all kinds of things wrong, or just the wrong word in general, because he has a CAPD and doesn't actually process the sounds the same way we do. Death/deaf. Meat/neat. Examples of things that sound the same to him. Wolf/wuff.

I have my things too. I don't think our initial reactions make us bitchy - what we do with them might thought. It doesn't sound like anyone here needs to worry

PS: I went back up and added 'It' to that sentence, lol.